Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Motor works!

I've learned a lot from this project, and with the help of Ward got it all hooked up and running. The motor does pull a lot of current, but I'm hoping it will not have issues once load is put on it.

I also got a Lovejoy Coupler machined to fit the gearbox and the shredder. It has that black rubber part between the two halves, and allows the shafts to be slightly misaligned without causing bearing issues.

I took them all home and mocked them up on the table! Next is making a spacer to keep the shredder at the right height, then mounting everything up, cutting a hole in the table for plastic flakes, and mounting the controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment